For Areas Exposed to Freezing Temperatures
DS-8 sprinklers are used in wet, dry, or seasonal safety systems where the sprinkler or piping is exposed to freezing temperatures – for example, in the wall of an unheated building. Due to the potential for ambient freezing temperatures to freeze water within the system piping, the sprinkler is comprised of a long dry barrel that separates the sealed water inlet from the activation element and frame/deflector assembly. Water is prevented from entering the dry sprinkler assembly until the temperature within the protected space is high enough to break the activation element thereby releasing the seal. Once the seal is released, the sprinkler is activated and water automatically releases.
- Available in both quick response and standard response with multiple escutcheon and finish options
- For use in commercial systems or portion of wet pipe commercial systems exposed to freezing temperatures
- For standard response (TY4255), see TFP503 for technical information and listing details
- Offers the possibility of lower design pressure compared to 5.6k dry sprinklers
- UL and C-UL Listed
- For quick response (TY4235), see TFP513 for technical information and listing details